Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011



Lots of activity at my house. The mother, Khan Si Sue Knee (spelling my interpretation), seems to be at the center of everything. I meet many people, continuing English – Thai lessons for all. For the first time tonight she let me help in the kitchen, an indoor/outdoor concoction, stir frying beef, pork and veggies. I am eating everything and am not always sure what it is but it is always delicious. They catch the fish in the canal across the street with nets and grow a lot of what they eat and sell. They also have 2 large plastic fish tubs to grow their own. No knives at the table. A spoon goes in the right hand and a fork in the left to scoop the food onto the spoon. Vendors on bikes and motorcycles are always stopping with food and household items for sale. I gave my family a book on California and we looked at the pictures together. I do miss my beautiful state and everyone I love in it! Spf-50

I apologize for no photos...working on it!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddo....glad to hear you're in a well stocked home with good cookin'! Can't wait to learn how to grow my own fish...if you'll take good notes and share. Sounds like you have a grad school pace and sorry they're going at such a pace. Hang in there...and glad you are having the time of your life!!! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen Jo! Not sure if you've gotten my previous posts - hope so. Sounds so exciting what is going on with your daily activities.....never a dull moment. Looking forward to seeing some pictures when you're able to send some.
    Love,
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete