Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas in Thailand

It is different! Thailand is predominantly a Buddhist country. That said, you go to any big city and you will see Christmas trees and decorations at the shopping centers and everyone knows Santa. At my adult class I explained the origins of Christmas as the birth of Jesus Christ. They had no idea. It is very interesting what part of our culture makes it around the world. I will leave the cynicism out of this…it is Christmas!
I miss the sights and the smells of Christmas – the bay all lit up, cookies out of the oven, and all the gatherings of family and friends. I knew it would be a miss, but bigger than I even knew. I LOVE Christmas.
I am glad to be doing PC. But I do look forward to reviving old traditions and starting new ones. I’m sure my kids are missing those stockings and the Advent Calendar – Santa has been good to them!! I look forward to Burks’ Christmas, Christmas Eve dinners and breakfasts with Bloody Marys.
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy New Year!

More on fb of course


Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer


Kindergarteners with their Rudolphs



Making fortune tellers - very funny!


Storytime kids with their Rudolphs

No comments:

Post a Comment