Sunday, May 8, 2011

Nesting

First weekend in, making it my own! Windows and most doors are washed, bathroom cleaned, and the front yard is raked. Miles to go, but it is a start. A successful trip to the hardware store resulted in tools and gardening tools. The owner of the store is very nice and very patient with my Thai. I asked for suan kruang-muu, thinking I was asking for gardening tools and he showed me a power drill. Suan means garden and drill! Those tones are always getting me in trouble!
Lots of kids in the neighborhood, very curious about the farang. I get help sweeping and cooking and company going to the dalat (outdoor market).
A man came by and informed me that my street is being sprayed for mosquitoes next week or maybe he said do I want my house painted! Ambiguity is the status quo…

My mattress was very popular!


Putting my bed frame together


Kitchen helpers


My bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment