Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Railay Bay, Krabi

Songkran is Thailand’s New Year and last year at this time, I was in the Do Not Travel portion of my service, so I was at site for the event, refer to blog on April 14, 2011. Five days plus of visits to wats, dancing, parades, and being drenched by water. Once was enough! So this year I headed south to Railay Bay with PCV buddies. Had a great time relaxing at the beach and by the pool, eating farang food, and enjoying the company of good friends. I find the longer I am here, the more I need an occasional bpai tiao with other PCVs, seems like it should be the opposite. You can probably tell, I give in to the urge!
Railay Bay is at the end of the Krabi Penninsula. You have to get there by boat. It is a destination for rock climbers, beautiful formations throughout the area.
Julia, Deborah, Marjey - a beautiful site up the mountain for lunch.
Railay is known for its sunsets. We had lots of clouds every afternoon, but you get the idea.
Pam, Marjey, Deborah - where we hung out by the pool and the beach.
Lunch with Deborah and Pam.
Marjey, Deborah, me, and Pam with our favorite jewelry lady. She and her husband make beautiful and unique art to wear. We helped her out!!
Deborah, Julia, Pam, me, and Marjey
Deborah's sand art

No comments:

Post a Comment